Saturday, December 7, 2013

5th Grade- Implied Texture Creatures!

We began this lesson by learning about texture. I showed the students images of pencil drawing that demonstrated textures and talked with them about how we can use our pencils to show texture that can't be felt. I gave them a worksheet that included labled boxes such as "bumpy", "soft", etc. They had to use their pencils to fill in the boxes, making the boxes look like the correct texture. The next day I handed out a half sheet of paper and told the students that they had to come up with their own imaginary creature. They had to do a pencil drawing of their imaginary creatures that included texture. I told them that when the finished, I should be able to tell what the creature feels like just by looking at it.



They did great and I loved the results so much that I felt that I should share alot of pictures with you guys!


 


 


 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment