Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Raise your hand if you are excited about ART!

The first two weeks of art class were mainly spent getting to know the students and going over the rules. I wanted to do a fun "get to know you" project that all of the classes could do the first couple of weeks. I saw many variations of this hand project online and I wanted to try it as a first of the year project for all grades. It was super fun for them and all grades could be successful at it!(And it looks super awesome displayed in the halls On the first day of seeing my classes, I had them trace and cut out their hand after we finished going over the rules.
The next class was dedicated to decorating the hands. I had them fill up the space with images that had to do with their likes and personalities. I put an example for them on the board.
The kids had fun decorating their hands!!
And they look GREAT in the hall!! Here is the display at Briceville Elementary (I go there on Fridays):
The art gallery at Lake City Elementary (my main school):
Great beginning of the year project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment