Friday, November 22, 2013

3rd Grade- Geometric and Organic shape Pizzas!

This is probably one of my favorite projects that I have taught so far! It was so fun (and it made me hungry)! For this project, I introduced the students to geometeric and organic shapes and we discussed the differences between them and looked at some images on the board. The next day I had them cut out the crust and the sauce from a circle I had traced on the papers before. On the circle for the sauce they cut a wavy line around the edges to make it look more like sauce. We talked about how the crust is a geometric shape and that the sauce is an organic shape. Then we cut rectangles for the cheese (geometric shapes).


The next day the students added their own personal toppings on their pizzas with scrap paper. They had to use both geometric and organic shapes. They turned out so good!







I got this idea from Mrs. Brown Art








No comments:

Post a Comment